What are cookies?
When you visit a website, small text files are automatically created that are stored on the device connecting you to the website. These files are called cookies. They are safe and do not contain any confidential personal information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are part of how a website handles information and they have different tasks. Some cookies are needed for you to complete transactions whilst other non-essential cookies help you have an improved and personalised shopping experience and identify relevant products to show you. There are also third parties cookies used by Google and other providers for marketing and personalising your web experience.
By visiting and shopping on our LifeT!lt website, you are allowing the use of these cookies for the following reasons:
- To allow secure sign in to your LifeT!lt account, to access features such as order information, making payments and viewing statements.
- Save products you placed in your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete your shopping order.
- Record the website pages you have visited, time looking at our products, type of products and the products you purchased. This information helps us make our website easier to use by developing our website design and to continuously provide excellence in the service we provide.
- Show visitors to different places on our website when they start browsing to help provide content at the fastest possible speed.
- To understand the what related products to show you when you're shopping on other websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Are your personal details stored in cookies?
Cookies do not store your personal information. Information stored in your cookies is secure, anonymous and do not contain any information which could personally identify you. This means your LifeT!lt online shopping account is safe. To understand more about cookies visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
Can I stop the use of LifeT!lt’s website cookies?
If you wish to withdraw your permission or receive notifications each time a cookie is about to be used, there is an option to amend the settings in your web browser to prevent our cookies being stored on your device. The way to prevent cookies in main browsers is:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
Opera 6.0 and further
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
If you are not sure how to stop the LifeT!LT cookies, select "Help" in your browser menu bar.
How are third party cookies used?
Google related cookies for targeting or banner advertising are designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you have previously viewed on LifeT!lt website and deliver adverts to you when you visit other selected websites. The adverts usually use third party cookies with the LifeT!lt website operator’s permission. The purpose is to provide relevant content for your interests by using factual based recommendations from your previous browsing history.
Can I choose for third parties cookies not to be stored or used?
If you do not give your permission for use of third parties cookies by Google Analytics then you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on and customise the Ad settings in your browser.
Do third parties contain personal information?
Third parties cookies for marketing and web experience use, as described above, do not contain any personal information and only have safe information that does not identify you.